Saint Catherine of Siena Church, established in 1895 in the heart of Shelburne, remains “a little church with a big heart.”
Sensitive to this project is the replacement of the well-loved and abundantly used original parish hall, home to many memories and dedicated parishioners. Site and building improvements provide universal access to a central gathering space linking the church with the new parish hall and offices. SAS Architects has been working with the parish to develop a design that honors the original Church architecture and nave, while expanding the sanctuary with the addition of transepts. The town has granted a permit to proceed.