SAS Architects

Saint Catherine Parish Hall

Saint Catherine of Siena Church, established in 1895 in the heart of Shelburne, remains “a little church with a big heart.” 

Sensitive to this project is the replacement of the well-loved and abundantly used original parish hall, home to many memories and dedicated parishioners. Site and building improvements provide universal access to a central gathering space linking the church with the new parish hall and offices. SAS Architects has been working with the parish to develop a design that honors the original Church architecture and nave, while expanding the sanctuary with the addition of transepts. The town has granted a permit to proceed.

-Lyn

SAS Architects Saint Catherine Parish Hall 01

SAS Architects Saint Catherine Parish Hall 02

SAS Architects Saint Catherine Parish Hall 03

SAS Architects Saint Catherine Parish Hall 04

SAS Architects Saint Catherine Parish Hall 05

SAS Architects Saint Catherine Parish Hall 06

© 2017 SAS Architects. All rights reserved. Photos courtesy of SAS Architects, Carolyn L. Bates, Ryan Bent, and Sally McCay. The LEED® Certification trademark is owned by the U.S. Green Building Council and is used with permission.